Welcome to the new home for landlords in Wales
Life is changing for landlords in Wales because of the Wales Housing Act affecting all areas of the private rented sector in Wales. Since 2015 all landlords have to register their details with Rent Smart Wales and those involved with any aspect of managing their properties will require a licence. The need for help and support from the RLA has never been greater.
- Landlords who manage and perform maintenance on their properties in Wales now have to pay over £250 to be compliant with the Housing (Wales) 2014 Act.
- In certain circumstances landlords could soon be prevented from successfully using a Section 21 If you rent and manage properties under separate names/corporate entities, you will need to obtain multiple licences.
- Already paid for an HMO licence? Now you need to have another on top! The Welsh Government are planning to allow local authorities to introduce Additional HMO Licensing without any public consultation.
- You may be liable for any water debt if you haven’t registered a tenant’s full name and date of birth with the water company, then
- Licensing isn’t the end of it, there is more to come!
At the RLA we do not think you should face all these challenges on your own. The RLA was established by landlords and is run by landlords for the benefit of landlords.
The RLA’s roots and experience go back decades to make us the UK’s first national landlord association. Owned and trusted by our members, we represent over 30,000 members with a combined portfolio of more than 100,000 properties. Our strength, reputation, experience and professionalism means that, as a member of this most effective campaigning organisation, your voice gets heard.Douglas Haig
We provide the expertise, support and tools you need, so you can do the right thing – by you, your tenants and the industry as a whole.
- Unlimited one-on-one telephone support with the RLA Advisors
- The best deposit protection rates on the market with DepositGuard
- Industry updates on our Campaigns and News Centre, and a complimentary subscription to our bi-monthly magazine
- Exclusive discounts on RLA services from insurance and mortgages to tax advice
- Access to over 130 documents & guides in our extensive landlord library
Latest Welsh News
RLA opposes plans to renew an additional licensing scheme in Swansea
by Victoria Barker on 24 January 2020 at 11:41 am
The RLA has opposed plans to renew and expand an additional HMO licensing scheme in the Castle, Uplands and St Thomas wards of Swansea. Currently, an […]
Fuel poverty- RLA Wales addresses Senedd
by Victoria Barker on 22 January 2020 at 12:38 pm
A more holistic approach is needed in order to tackle the issue of fuel poverty in Wales’ private rented sector, says the RLA. The association’s […]
RLA opposes plans to renew additional HMO licensing scheme in Cardiff
by Victoria Barker on 17 January 2020 at 12:12 pm
The RLA has opposed plans put forward by Cardiff Council to renew an additional HMO licensing scheme in the city. Cardiff Council is proposing to renew an […]